Happy Friday! This week I have a super simple recipe for you. Some of you may have tried the Dang coconut chips, they were my inspiration behind this recipe.
If you haven't made the Grain-Free Granola yet, this is a perfect introduction to the magic goodness you can easily and inexpensively make in your oven.
I won't go into the detail of the health benefits of coconut, but when it comes to satisfying your sweet tooth it's one of the healthiest tricks out there.
- 3 ½ cups coconut flakes (I like the Let's Do...Organic Coconut Flakes)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon natural salt (I prefer pink salt, both sea and Himalayan)
- Preheat the oven to 300*.
- Combine: Coconut and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Sweeten: Measure out the maple syrup and pour over the coconut mixture and stir immediately. Continue to stir until the coconut is evenly coated.
- Bake: Spread the mixture on a sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes, make sure to stir every 5-7 minutes. When you stir, bring the whiter coconut pieces up from the bottom and rotate the pan if needed. You want to develop an even golden brown color on all the coconut flakes.
- Cool: Allow the coconut to cool. It will become perfectly crisp.
- Store: In a glass jar.
- Coconut Bacon: add 1/2 tsp smoked paprika and 1/4 tsp additional salt
- Spicy Coconut: 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Vanilla Cinnamon: 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract