At this point, whether you're hardcore into the Paleo world or just starting to dabble, you've undoubtedly heard of this bone broth thing. It's been getting a lot of press discussing how trendy it's becoming, how it's the new coffee, etc (read Vice, Harpers Bazaar and Epicurious to name a few).
Bone broth is considered to be both a food and a medicine! It’s known to heal the skin, gut, GI tract, aid in digestion or help you beat that cold you’ve been suffering from. Because broth is an extract of connective tissue, it is great for ailments affecting, joints, bones, lungs, muscle and blood. Why? Because it's made up of the same stuff we are, and it's like hitting the refresh button. Incorporating bone broth into your established eating patterns can yield tremendous medicinal effects. A cup a day keeps the doctor away!
Pete's Paleo is one of the few companies making bone broth on a commercial level, as part of an overall health regimen, ready to ship directly to your doorstep, nationwide!
But before we get into how we've just made your lives incredibly easier, let's go over the top benefits of drinking this stuff:
- Heals the gut lining (see Pete's Paleo 30 Day Gut Healing Kit)
- Supports healthy digestion and nutrient absorption (bone broth should have a lead role in the book, Everybody Poops)
- Boosts the immune system (yes you can ditch all those nasty OTC cold prevention meds now)
- Strengthens bones, joints, tendons, ligaments and aids arthritis (ditch all your icy hot products and sip on some of our broth, just like top CrossFitter and sponsored Pete's Paleo athlete Josh Bridges does):
- Promotes healthy, glowing skin, nails and hair (so much cheaper than weekly facials)
- Helps aid autoimmune disorders such as celiac disease, Crohn’s and multiple sclerosis
- sip it as a hot beverage in the morning before eating breakfast, season with salt, freshly ground ginger and lemon juice, or turmeric and salt, or mint and orange zest, to name a few suggestions
- saute veggies in it to wrap your tongue in a bear hug of flavor
- use it as the base for epic soups from hearty chicken stock to pho
So, basically bone broth is the cure for everything. Where do you sign up, right? Here.
If you're looking for a total reset on your diet, check out our "New You" Box - complete with ready to eat meals, snacks, bone broth, gelatin boosters and more.
And to answer your last question about why you can't just make the stuff yourself at home. You can! There are several broth recipes in our cookbook, Paleo By Season, in fact.
BUT. If you want the kind of broth that is simmered low and slow for two and a half days in a commercial kitchen free of gluten, dairy and soy, and made with bones of humanely raised, open pastured animals whose diets were free of grains, antibiotics and hormones and vegetables that are organic and non GMO, well then, we got ya covered.